Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Like Magic: Mushrooms on a Monday

Parasol mushrooms in the park around the corner, taken with a phone.














Mushrooms seem to appear magically overnight with all the rain we've been having here.  The rain is keeping everything very lush and green, and the river is high on our morning walks.  Getting the outdoor painting done is a challenge, but I just snatch opportunities when I can.

In our lawn.


Sad news from our walk.  One of the neighborhood foxes was hit by a car, probably last night or early this morning.  We saw the body about 6:00 this morning, just a few feet from the street.  Poor fox.  Watching for it in the mornings has been a highlight of my walks the past month.  I hope its mate stays safe and away from the street.


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mushroom pix. Sorry to hear about the fox. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear about the fox.
    Your mushroom photos are great.
    Wishing you a nice Monday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a parasol mushroom and your photo was magical for me to see!! Sorry about the fox.. I wish they'd steer clear of roadways. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! The parasol mushrooms are so sweet! A fairy garden that grew on its own, I'd say. Sorry about the fox. We had a sad day in our yard yesterday, too A merlin hawk took one of the baby robins right out of its nest. I can't even think about it any more. It spoiled my day outside. And that's not the first time it's happened. I wish my 80 something neighbor with a slingshot would take care of that hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the owner of chickens I can't be too sad about your fox, having seen what they do in a hen house isn't pleasant. However, never fun to see any roadkill to be honest. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the fox. Parasol mushrooms look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mushrooms are stunning. I've never seen parasol mushrooms before but I can see where they get their name. That's so sad about the fox - they're such a beautiful animal and they have so much adversity xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cool! I've never seen mushrooms like that before. I'm always looking for interesting mushrooms on our hikes and out by the woods behind our house,

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sad!!! I think they mate for life ...if so sadder still!!
    Beautiful photo of the mushrooms ....so very delicate

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they almost look like paper umbrellas (like what you find in tropical drinks). Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos....I also have some kind of mushrooms dotting the area around the cottage. I photographed them, but have no idea what they are called....must do some research before I post about them. Also love your crazy granny stashghan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.