Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pecan Pie Bites

It's a busy Thanksgiving cooking day here.  Pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cookies, and pecan tarts.  I love these tarts.  It's like a wee little pecan pie.  I got this recipe from my mom, who probably got it from Southern Living magazine sometime in the 1970s.  This is a great recipe for parties and potlucks.  The tarts look impressive but are really easy to make.  You will need two mini muffin pans.





Pecan Tarts

3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup margarine, softened plus 1 tablespoon
1 cup sifted flour
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans

Blend cream cheese and 1/2 cup margarine.  Mix in flour.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill about one hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Remove dough from refrigerator and form into 24 balls (approximately 1-inch each).  Place in ungreased mini muffin tins.  Press dough up the sides to form little cups.  Make sure you get up to the edge so the filling doesn’t cook out and cause the tarts to stick.

I didn't get my dough up quite high enough.  I had a little sticking around the edges, too!


For filling:
Beat egg; add brown sugar and beat until well blended.  Add 1 tablespoon margarine, salt, and vanilla.  Mix well.  Stir in pecans.

Fill shells 3/4 full.  Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.  Let cool in pans.  Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious - especially with the cream cheese dough! I plan on making it this weekend - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! It's been a pie party lately in my house - our neighbors upstairs brought pecan pie and my roommate had a friend over to make three different Thanksgiving pies! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!! This is Randee from Randee's Organized Chaos!!! Thanks for visiting the CHAOS!!!! I Love your blog and I am your newest follower!!! Hope you ENJOY the CHAOS!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious youre very busy in the kitchen..you should open a cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pecan tarts! I'm thinking I should add them to my baking list for Christmas. Thanks for reminding me about these delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! And just the right size for a sweet treat.

    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo those look awesome. We watched a lot of food network at the in-laws this weekend (since we don't have cable at our place) and Sunny made pumpkin pecan pie minis. I think yours look tastier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love Pecan Tarts!! I will definitely try the recipe sometime! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.