Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Still Working Through "200 Crochet Blocks"

Now that I finished my oversized crochet baby blanket, it's time for me to get serious about my other crochet project, the 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans sampler throw that I am making for our daughter.  I've completed seven more blocks since my last update.


Top row: #55 Centered Square, #47 Queen Anne's Lace, #88 Edwardian Fancy, # 173 Big Round.
Bottom row: #161 Daisy Chain, # 86 Sunray, # 17 Alternate Bobbles, #28 Christmas Rose, # 38 Dahlia.



I had the most fun making the Alternate Bobbles.  I have never been able to knit bobbles for some reason, and I was pleased to find out how easy they are to make in crochet.  Love that!  I think there may be a crochet bobble scarf in my future.





On a separate, Blogger note: I am quickly running out of free space on Picasa.  In fact, I had to go in and delete some unused photos from my web album in order to upload these pictures.  Anyone have good advice about how you dealt with this?  Do I just have to suck it up and purchase additional space?  I am super cheap, so I hope not.

Aug. 29 post script:
I am trying out Photobucket as a replacement for Picasa, so I am adding in this photo of the Dahlia square to see how it goes.  The square reminds me of commercials I used to see for Outback Steak House's blooming onion.  Photobucket allows you to store photos and then upload them with the url.  So far, this seems like a free solution.



20 comments:

  1. I love all your squares - must be nice trying a different pattern each time especially after your baby blanket. I had a message about my Picasa photos too today - I didn't even know there was a limit. Please let me know if you find out what we have to do, thanks, Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bobbles! great job! The queen anne's lace is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so cute! Will these ones be on sale too or are they already in store? Such cute bobbles!

    ANDWHATELSEISTHERE | SHOP | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- You are really working up a storm with those squares. Love the bobbles!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the squares. I'll enjoying seeing the completed blanket with all the different squares. And as far as picassa, I never even use the web album. I have a flash drive that I backed up the important pics, and then just deleted the others.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. the extra space on Picasa is so cheap worked out around £3 for the year, so much better than deleting your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful squares. I like them all. The bubble is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cheerful squares. I'm no help with Picasa. I just stumble along the best I can! ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the baubles!

    I have to say, I ran out of space fairly quickly. I bought space ages ago, I don't think it was more than 10 bucks and I haven't had to buy more yet. I'd bite the bullet, less playing around trying to make things work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! Love:) Unfortunately, I think they design it that way on purpose. I use flickr, which has the same issue. I've had an account with them for years, paying the $26 anual fee. I think it's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty squares! Also, I use photobucket to upload my photos - they offer 2 GB for free.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Treasury: Fall is in the air

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to just suck it up and purchase the pro flickr account, because i'm out of space there too (it really doesn't fit many photos!) so I stopped using it!

    I haven't crocheted granny squares in so long, but it's one of my goals to make an afghan out of them! i love how you combine colors and different patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for returning back to your project! This is the perfect season for crocheting. I've got to dust my hooks off again. Perhaps I will during this upcoming holiday. The bobble stitch is very cool. That and the similar popcorn stitch. I've found that certain stitches are better fitted for crochet and some for knitting. I much rather prefer the look and the work for the bobble stitch in crochet rather than knitting. And there's no real substitution for a knitted cable stitch. And that's okay. :-)

    Here are two links to some popcorn stitch scarves I made a while back: http://artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com/2010/03/polka-dotted-scarf-revisited.html

    http://artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com/2009/12/5-feet-of-polka-dots.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I was your daughter and the recipient of this blanket.

    As for the space issue, I blog at wordpress and ran out of space, too, because I use so many photos. Yes, I am also a budget watcher. And, yes, I had to pay $20 for a year to upgrade and get more space.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bobbles! All of your blocks are cheerful and fun.

    I pay $5 a year to have extra photo storage through Google for my Blogger account. As I'm sure you know, I upload tons of photos every week and have never come close to running out of space with the extra storage option.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your crocheting. It is all gorgeous to look at. I don't know much about blogger because I'm on wordpress so sorry I can't help xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty, I tried crochet as well, but only can do three or four different ways and no way this nice squares. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.