Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Posy Tote



This tote bag has been a long time in coming.  I started it about a year ago.  Last fall, I accidentally left it behind on a visit to Tennessee.  By the time I got it back on my next visit, I had moved on to other projects.  And let’s face it, knitting stockinette in the round can get pretty dull.  And this was a LOT of stockinette in the round! 
Before felting

I picked it back up recently, and I’m glad I did.  I’ve made some smaller felted totes, but this one is roomy enough for lots of yarn or shopping.

After felting
This was the first project I’ve felted in our high efficiency washing machine.  Don’t know if it was the size of the bag or the high-tech washer, but this came out with more wrinkles than I’m used to, and even a few felted lumps.  I am now on the look-out for a second, secondhand old-fashioned machine with a real agitator and non-locking lid.  Yep, I’m just a two-washer kind of girl. 


The husband says the wrinkles give the bag character.  Could it be because he’s only a one-washer kind of guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.